[CAUT] String Coupling / SB and Bridge stiffness

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 11 07:05:08 MDT 2009

To answer your question you will have to take measurements.
That will require a method that can be repeated with enough precision to
give useful information.
The bridge movement will vary depending on the energy inputs from the
strings, so the input must be controlled, as well as the time of
measurement. Labs would most likely use an electromagnetic drive to move the
strings.

There are many variables at work, including our need to believe we know what
we are doing. I have proved this many times.

Ed S.