[CAUT] String Coupling / SB and Bridge stiffness...and maybe Pure Sound

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 11 07:15:38 MDT 2009

As I understand it, Tunic's inventor strongly urges tuning the unisons
string-by-string with his ETD program. Kent Swafford has stated he believes
this is significant. Why?

Again I will ask you: once two strings have coupled, how will you tell what
is the difference between the two uncoupled frequencies?

I also have heard plenty of descriptions of legendary tunings. I do not
doubt that the world's greatest tuner produced the world's greatest tuning.
I have not heard it, or seen measurements.

ES