[CAUT] [SPAM]Re: mean tone tuning- help!

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 25 14:58:19 PST 2009

Yes, but...unfortunately, in the material Tim Farley sent me, he also refers to his offsets as the Jean Baptiste Romeiu 1/7 Syntonic comma meantone...presumably that is what he told Serkin.

Perhaps someday we can arrange a "tune-off" for Serkin, giving him, say, a dozen pianos with different temperaments.

More important, Serkin's manager needs to be informed of the confusion, and asked to provide a chart of offsets, not a name with multiple interpretations.

Ed Sutton