[CAUT] professor tuning variables (David Love) (David Love)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 24 13:52:41 PST 2009

> I have no beef with you here, David, or with anyone else either, for
> that matter. To each his own. It just seemed ironic to me that someone
> who eschews ETDs and insists on tuning exclusively by ear should raise
> this a question with this particular twist... To such, I say, extensive
> us of WT's would save time and trouble...
>
> Israel Stein

Ah, then it was aimed at me. That explains it.

I don't eschew ETDs. I use a registered and paid for copy of
Tunelab in the shop on occasion. Nor do I insist on tuning
exclusively by ear. I choose to, and couldn't care less how it
rubs you in any case. The point was and is that without ETDs,
historical temperaments would be much less often used, and not
nearly as precisely defined in as great a number as is today
the case. If that's twisted, so be it.

And please trim your posts.
Ron N