[CAUT] professor tuning variables (David Love) (David Love)

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 10:20:40 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
>From: caut-request at ptg.org
>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:07:11 -0800
>From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
>Subject: Re: [CAUT] professor tuning variables (David Love)
>To: <caut at ptg.org>

>Not so much a matter of difficulty, I just haven't taken the time to learn
>the WTs (even though I do have Jorgensen's book). At some point you just
>have to choose where to spend your limited time and energy. Since I don't
>set temperaments aurally anymore it's not really an issue anyway.

>David Love

I have no beef with you here, David, or with anyone else either, for that matter. To each his own. It just seemed ironic to me that someone who eschews ETDs and insists on tuning exclusively by ear should raise this a question with this particular twist... To such, I say, extensive us of WT's would save time and trouble...

Israel Stein

www.davidlovepianos.com