[CAUT] How long to stabilize??

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Thu Feb 19 08:12:48 PST 2009

Speaking from an observational point of view without carefully
measuring; it seems that the opposite swing of the outside unison
strings might be related to unequal string lengths between tuning and
hitch pins.  Seems to me that this is one of the stated reasons for
single string unisons a-la Bosendorfer et al.  Having a little
experience with Bosendorfer, I am not certain that this holds up under
scrutiny, comparatively. The opposite would then be true of uprights
as well and I do note the swing in them, some more then others.

Maybe someone has already investigated this and can lay these
questions to rest... ?

Andrew Anderson