[CAUT] Piano Life Saver Systems and Disklavier

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Feb 18 19:03:40 PST 2009

I had this same discussion with pianodisc.  They did not voice any
concerns regarding use of a DC piano life saver system.  When I
installed the PianoDisc system on two Sauters that already had PLSS on
them I did look at proximity of components.  I also utilized an
undercover and ran it over top of the power supply (which vents to the
side not the top) to isolate its heat contribution from the piano.

If you are looking for stability, an undercover and string-cover will
go a long ways.  Adding a dehumidifier system only should be
compatible with Yamaha's concerns.  The full system does work better.

YMMV
Andrew Anderson