[CAUT] Proposed Admendment to PTG ByLaws

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 18 00:24:36 PST 2009

I agree this belongs on PTG-L... but as I don't subscribe I'll post just
a quick reply here for your edification.

I've recently come to the conclusion that organizations such as the PTG
have no chance of ever really providing any kind of real accreditation
for skills, let alone provide any kind of mechanism for
dis-accreditation for appropriate disciplinary cases. As long as that is
the case we should really be concentrating all our resources in simply
providing educational resources and encouragements for our membership...
period. F.eks. the conventions and seminars we arrange.

I have lots of reasonings I could put behind the above... but I'll let
it stay at this.  This is not meant to start any great "Quals" debate so
any one who feels the need to reply is encouraged to just email me
privately.

Cheers
RicB