[CAUT] Upright key weighting

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 12 19:32:50 PST 2009

Typically uprights have a lead weight on the action side of the key.   You can use jiffy weights as a temporary set-up.   I'm not sure what weights they come in.  Some times you cut them in half.   Make a guess on what you want...typically at least 50 grams in the middle, more in the bass, less in the top.   Move jiffy weight back and forth until you've got your downweight.   Mark each key then go back and screw on the weight.   If after some time he's happy you can always go back and do it right and put actual leads in the keys...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044