[CAUT] Inspecting a Player Piano Dropped on its Belly

mitchell neher pianomanrpt at msn.com
Wed Feb 11 17:08:30 PST 2009

My condolences

 The bottom board may be damaged.   If the rail cover is not disturbed you can probably assume minor issues but don't neglect to check alignment.  You may have to do a push job on the rail. If the rail cover is disturbed LOTS of things are now different. The sustain assembly is certainly tweaked or worse; I would start over with that.  The user interface if present, is either fine or unreliable if not crushed.  The foregoing assumes the cabinet is intact.

Mitchell A. Neher