[CAUT] inharmonicity in piano wire

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:06:19 PST 2009

Patrizio Barbieri posted a pdf of an article he published on
inharmonicity (in English) http://www.patriziobarbieri.it/pdf/inharmonicity.pdf
  which opens with a decent explanation of the science (with lots of
formulae), then goes into historical details.
	BTW, inharmonicity is lower in higher tension, higher in lower
tension. It has more to do with thickness and stiffness versus
flexibility.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico