[CAUT] Hume from Boston

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 4 06:16:34 PST 2009

Hi Ruth
That would be M.Steinert I believe.  That part of the story I managed to
find googling my way around the nett.  I'm looking for any and all
supplementary info anyone has. Good to hear your comment about them
being worth rebuilding. I'll be seeing the instrument next week on
friday. Looks like a hammer change along with a basic front action
refurbish job if the instrument is in good enough shape.

Cheers
RicB

    I've been told that one of the designers from the Steinway factory
    was the
    designer for the Hume and they are very similar.  Usually a very worthy
    rebuild.

    Ruth Van Dine
    Prov. RI