[CAUT] Hume from Boston

Ruth Van Dine Ruth at VanDineDesign.com
Wed Feb 4 03:52:09 PST 2009

I've been told that one of the designers from the Steinway factory was the
designer for the Hume and they are very similar.  Usually a very worthy
rebuild.

Ruth Van Dine
Prov. RI

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Brekne
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 3:56 AM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Hume from Boston

Hi folks.

Just had a call from a lady who has a Hume "salon" grand out of Boston
from 1903. She says she's been told that Hume had some sort of connexion
to Steinway NY back then, and instruments were made very much like S&S
instruments and of much the same quality. Cant say I've come across the
name so any information would be useful.

Thanks
RicB