[CAUT] HIstorical temperaments and compensation

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 17:56:10 PST 2009

Jim,

Thanks for your response.  I agree about four tunings being the baseline, and am probably charging about the same per tuning as you do.

James Tenney was on our faculty. He was, among many, many other things, a great expert on tuning systems.  I was honored to have had the opportunity to address his tuning class concerning practical aspects of composing for alternative tunings.  He is missed by many.

Glad you liked the "Temperament Workstation" concept.  Does anybody out there know if there is something like this out there already?  If there is, that could save use some time and trouble.

Thanks,

Alan Eder