[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 16:20:55 MST 2009

Israel:

Strange and delightful how these "star" names keep cropping up in other
totally unrelated places, all subject to the genius of their innovative minds!

Thanks for the resources.

Be well.

Paul

In a message dated 12/25/2009 2:22:24 P.M. Central Standard Time,
custos3 at comcast.net writes:

> Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:52:13   PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
>
> In a message dated 12/24/2009  2:21:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> custos3 at comcast.net  writes:
>
> However  there is a
> possibility that  this new Dean may decide to abolish CATS as a  cost
> saving  measure and move all the technicians under the direct
supervision
> of the various schools' Directors. In such a case I may very   well
> consider quitting...
> I can only wish you good luck in  this, Israel. New Deans have a penchant

> for new brooms, not  just from a cost perspective, but often from an ego
>  perspective. Your situation is highly unusual, I think, although I would
 be
> interested in hearing from others if their management  structure has such

> built-in protections.
>
>  Happy New Year!
>
> Paul

Thank you,  Paul

I don't know if Lew Surdam is subscribed to this list, but over in
Harvard they have an unusual setup also, which he can tell you about.
Here at SFSU this setup was created back in the glory days when August
Coppola (who just died in November after a long retirement) was Dean for
an extended period. That's Francis Ford Coppola's brother and Nicholas
Cage's father - he was an architect and a designer by profession and
lots of his very unusual and imaginative buildings are all over San
Francisco. So I am not surprised that he came up with a rather unusual
and imaginative administrative setup also...

Happy New  Year,

Israel