[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 21 19:08:08 MST 2009

To quote DP:

When students bring up the idea of being able to practice on the concert grand I ask them if there’s a practice room piano that they would choose for their recital.  Then I say, if you all practice on the concert piano it will become another practice piano in the same condition as the ones you now use.  I can’t keep the practice room pianos in concert ready condition, and certainly can’t keep the concert grand in that condition if they are beating it 24/7.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044