[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Dec 21 17:21:31 MST 2009

On Dec 21, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Israel Stein wrote:

> The point of this story is to ask, what kind of policies regarding
> venues and instruments for piano juries prevail elsewhere in
> CAUTdom? Is there any other place that allows this sort of use
> (abuse?) of their prime stage instruments? Or any stage instruments?

	All our juries are held in the recital hall. Piano majors can use the
#1 instrument, others limited to #2. This has been policy for over 30
years.
	However, no recitals are or may be scheduled during jury/finals week.
Period. Never an exception. (I tune Friday of the week before, and
what happens thereafter is what they get).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu