[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 21 15:08:38 MST 2009

Israel,
At UofSC we always had piano juries in the recital hall, always on the favorite instrument, with the 2nd instrument tuned in case it was needed for a concerto piece, unless I was told ahead of time there would be no concerto pieces. It was the only place we had pianos decent enough for piano performance. But deciphering the schedule of the rooms to try to do any tuning once juries began was completely impossible. Everyone knew that if they wanted to do a recital after juries started, they got what they got.  If they didn't have their recitals done before exams, that was their fault.

Jeff Tanner