[CAUT] Piano mechanics classes...

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Dec 13 14:25:27 MST 2009

Hi cauters;

Since many of you teach a basic intro to piano mechanic classes, I am
wondering how strict the universities where you teach are with such things
as power tool use, chemical titrations, lifting heavy objects, moving
pianos, etc.  It had really occurred to me until running through my plans
for this coming spring semester, and I hadn't had previous students do
much of that, but am considering making the class a bit more intensified
to really get into some bigger things and not just dabble on everything.

What restrictions do you all have for some of the "more dangerous" things
like this, and what are the restrictions/liabilities put on your
universities for you all?

Thanks!

Paul