[CAUT] Bluthner Action

Dr. Henry Nicolaides drsnic4 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:58:49 MST 2009

Hi Stephen,

James Reeder at Bluthner USA is your best contact.  He is the authorized Bluthner agent in the US and is in Lansing Michigan.  I have had several contacts with him regarding my Bluthner over the years.  It simply put, is an incredible piano.  What you have photos of are of the Bluthner Patent Action.  Bluthern now uses Renner action to their specs.  He said that it is possible to retrofit a new type action (Renner) but at a considerable cost, $$$$$$.  Parts are availabe for your action from Piano Forte Supply.

Henry Nicolaides
Piano Technician, School of Music
Southern Illinois University