[CAUT] historic temp thoughts

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Dec 8 12:36:57 MST 2009

Hi-

After all that discussion I figured it appropriate to share what we have
going on this week.  There are 4 different performances and 2 rehearsals
involving 2 separate ensembles and one student recital using the same
harpsichord this week.  The Early Music Director specifically requested 1/4
comma meantone to match his sackbuts.  The Philharmonia Orchestra Director
is very flexible as long as it works.  They are doing the Corelli Christmas
Concerto and the recital is Torelli on trumpet.  I figure the Corelli and
Torelli to be borderline, but what the heck.  I have enough problems keeping
it stable with all the moves, so we are doing it all in 1/4 c.

The first performance of Corelli was yesterday and they loved it.  I
recommended the recital student check it out asap to avoid surprises and let
me know.  So far, so good.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College