[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 7 11:29:16 MST 2009

Fred Sturm wrote:

>     Okay, I thought you had looked at the formula for breaking point in
> Rhodes, and were saying it was the same as Sanderson and/or Hays.

Fred, how does "My numbers correspond to yours for the Rhodes
formula" possibly translate into me claiming that they were
the same as the Sanderson and/or Hays formulas? You aren't
making sense at all. Are you all right?

>So IOW
> whatever Rhodes is using to get at breaking point is inconsistent with
> Sanderson/Hays/etc.

Yes Fred, those are the very words. Now that you yourself have
spoken the words, can you accept that you, personally, are
absolutely correct, that break% does not, indeed, change with
a change in wire size in spite of others' intuitive belief
that it does?

Congratulations. You've won.
Ron N