[CAUT] Practicing on concert instruments...again...

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Dec 3 15:17:39 MST 2009

Thanks Don!

Yes, this will help, and I will quote out of it. There's a lot there. May I quote you as "the (a?) head tech for Kawai" or what would be a good bang-up name? You may humbly answer this privately... <G> but the bigger /grander the name, the better.

It's your Shigeru EX 9' that I'm really worried about. And while I do give anyone interested a "test drive" I'm fairly protective and proud of it.

I didn't put this in my post but he (the director) said (when told we couldn't keep it in tune as we do now if he did this) "It may just have to be out of tune for a concert, and we'll just have to live with that".  Right... but when butt whippings begin you know who will get it first. (ME, and Keith Kopp)

If this happens, anyone interested in working at a large, private university? Conrad and I have some fishing to do...

Best,
Jim