[CAUT] Letters of Recommendation

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:32:06 MST 2009

I just wrote one for a student.  He's applying to graduate programs in
composition.  I met him when I made a presentation to the student composers
on prepared piano (using your video, thanks!), and then he took my short
course on piano mechanics for piano players.  He volunteered to come in and
do stuff, so I had him re-bush a set of keys, and he did a great job.  He
was also self-motivated, did his own research, and overall was very
impressive.  I was very clear with him that although I could write him a
recommendation, he should also have letters from other people who could
comment on his academics, compositional aptitude, etc., because if he only
had a letter from the piano tuner, he wouldn't have the strongest
application!

-Zeno Wood