[CAUT] Underlever Felt

denisikeler at aol.com denisikeler at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 16:14:17 MDT 2009

Bob, I love the Tokiwa felts sets.? On the trichords, they did not work well at first.? I discovered that increasing the cut in the middle made them work perfectly.? A single edge razor did the trick.? Turn the damper upside down and push the razor directly in the cut, and increase the cut depth by about a 1/16.

On my B, which was made in 1917, still has the original back action.? I cut the springs out completely.? I don't think the springs are the problem.

Denis