[CAUT] CAF

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 17:36:37 MDT 2009

Yep.  Easy to forget that the rep spring does double duty with jack return.
Similar problems can occur with 17 mm knuckles and original weight hammers
on old Steinways.  We frequently jump on the 17 mm bandwagon in order to
remove lead, lower inertia and gain speed.  In the end, the piper always
gets paid.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com