[CAUT] Fwd: John Granholm Injured in Motorcycle Accident

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Apr 29 13:10:38 PDT 2009

Definate prayers from here!  My gosh what a horrible thing!  I pray to God
that he recovers as best as he can.  Man, I hate to hear this stuff...

Paul

Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco at luther.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
04/29/2009 01:12 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>, College and University Technicians
<caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] Fwd: John Granholm Injured in Motorcycle Accident

Friends,

Sad news: This just came from Oregon via Susan Kline.

[sent to Eugene, OR chapter of PTG]
I just received news today that John Granholm was
badly injured in a motorcycle crash.  He was
transported by life-flight to OHSU in Portland
with a broken arm, broken pelvis, and a severed
leg that required amputation.  Please keep John
in your thoughts and prayers as he recovers from his injuries.

I will keep you updated on John's condition as reports come in.

Terry Lambert, Secretary

The following is a report from the Roseburg news about the accident:

An Oakland man was arrested this morning after
being involved in a hit-and-run accident that severed another man’s
leg.

At about 6 p.m. Sunday police responded to a
crash on the 1800 block of Old Pioneer Road near
Fair Oaks involving a motorcycle and a car.

When deputies arrived, the motorcycle operator,
62-year-old John R. Granholm of Roseburg, had
already been transported to Mercy Medical Center,
according to a news release from the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.

Granholm’s leg had been severed below the knee.
He was later flown to Oregon Health & Science
University Hospital in Portland and was listed in
serious condition this morning, according to the Sheriff’s O ffice.

The operator of the black 1991 Toyota Corolla
involved in the Sunday accident fled the scene
shortly after the crash. Deputies identified the
driver as 34-year-old Billy W. Whitehead, according to the release.

Sutherlin police officers located Whitehead at
his Oakland home at about 1:45 this morning. He
was taken into custody and lodged at the Douglas
County Jail on charges of felony hit and run,
reckless driving and driving while suspended, according to the news
release.

Evidence at the scene indicates that Granholm was
traveling south on Old Pioneer Road and Whitehead
was traveling north. Granholm came around a
corner and Whitehead was in the southbound lane, according to the news
release.

The red 1997 Honda motorcycle crashed into the
car, and Granholm was thrown from the motorcycle
onto the windshield of the car and then fell to
the pavement, according to the release.

Whitehead and his passenger were not injured.

Sutherlin Fire Department, Fair Oaks Fire,
Oakland Fire and Sutherlin Ambulance also responded.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,