[CAUT] New Backchecks?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Tue Apr 28 10:21:34 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,

On a concert piano we try change out hammers every three years, and
shanks/flanges with every second set of hammers. So, every six years or so
we give the back-checks a good look.

On some pianos it's much easier to replace the heads rather than
heads/wires. Either way, if you're using after-market parts, be sure the
parts you order match the original wire/hole sizes.

Best regards,

Mark Cramer, RPT

Brandon University

  _____