[CAUT] Pizza party

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:06:56 PDT 2009

David (Skolnik, that is),

Thanks for your insights, they all ring true.  Dealing with egos in any kind
of institutional setting can be tricky, and that's a big part of working at
a college.  I've been lucky to have the support of the Chair and others, and
in fact, when I say I've sent emails to the faculty, what's actually
happened is the Chair has forwarded my emails to the rest of the faculty.

I hope I haven't given the idea that I play Piano Cop (if at all, I'm the
Good Cop [?]).  I think that I've established a working relationship with the
students and faculty from having taught a few classes and playing in a
student ensemble when time allows.  I've also been seen as a resource and
have been invited to give piano presentations to piano students and
composers.

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with your point that "They are not your
pianos.  You can't take it personally."  We take care of the instruments,
but they're not there for us.  And if nobody used them, we wouldn't have a
job to begin with.

Cheers,
Zeno Wood