[CAUT] Baldwin Accujust

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Mon Apr 27 11:50:13 PDT 2009

If you're not taking the plate out, then essentially I'd think you could mark (choose your method) each accujust pin where the strings are now, BUT follow the order Baldwin requires for putting bearing on the strings as posted by Ron N, doing the bass strings last. Or am I wrongk? The only caveat is that you
cannot really make adjustments to the total bearing once you've done the whole piano, as it is cumjulative. I suppose the board/plate relationship could change once the old strings are off, somehow, but they shouldn't. In my case I'll need to remove the plate, but I'll take plate height readings and make
some sort of "story board" for putting the plate back in after repairing the board.

Just a thought.

Richard Adkins
Coe College