[CAUT] Steinway or Forgery?

Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba) sloaneba at ucmail.uc.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:50:57 PDT 2009

    Hello David,
   I've appreciated your responses to the post, it has been informative.
   For me, in any expertise, it is difficult to improve the standards in that specialty without polemics. Fighting has rules, however, and pugnacity for its own sake is going too far. You can't just be combative to be combative. You don't fight because you want to fight, but because you have strong convictions about something. Unless people have strong convictions about something, it is not even important in the first place. You also attack the ideas of people, not their character, in my view, or subtly attack their character by refuting their ideas because you don't like them.

   You stated,
   "My view is that the introduction of the full diaphragmatic soundboard created a much more flexible assembly and in the process (and combined with a heavier hammer) boosted the whump at attack creating a sense of greater power."

   Could you bring some chronological context to this for those of us that do not know in relation to Steinway? Or did I miss that part? What year did they start using it?
    - Ben