[CAUT] haprsichord information

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Apr 22 13:59:17 PDT 2009

Also "Beck", and Tyre, if anyone knows....All sorts of weird things
happening in 2 of our harpsichords....

Jurgen???? any help here?

Paul T. Williams RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music
5 Westbrook Bldg.
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68588-0100
pwilliams4 at unl.edu

"Dr. Henry Nicolaides" <drsnic4 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
04/22/2009 12:44 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] haprsichord information

Hi list,

We have a circa 1970 Rutkowski & Robinette.  Does anyone know if they are
still building and/or any contact information.  It has some loose tuning
pins that do not appear to be in a wood pin block of any sort.  More like
some sort of composite material.  Some look like tuning pin bushings that
are on top of the block surface.  They have a tendency to crack when
driving the pin in further.  A few strings need replacing now and I would
suspect restrings would be nice if bringing this once fine instrument back
to performance level.  We have a new faculty that wants to use it with
historical temperaments in performance and also some recording.

Thanks,

Henry Nicolaides, Piano Technician
SIU School of Music
1000 S. Normal Avenue
Carbondale, Illinois 62901

email: henryn at siu.edu

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.