[CAUT] install bridge pins?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon Apr 20 13:34:08 PDT 2009

A few years ago I ran out of good reasons not to pin a new bridge-cap with
the same epoxy method (Mr. Bill's) we've been using to re-pin original caps
with for over a decade.

More recently, I've tried to add some of the heresy gleaned from this list
(you know who you are ;>) into my procedure, as follows:

1.) Drilling the holes to extra depth.

2.) Installing rounded-pins to final height, rather than the traditional
filing method.

3.) Coating the surface with McLube rather than Dag (graphite).

Any other suggestions.?

(No we don't have a handy source of Titanium bridge pins or a hydraulic
pin-press)

The bridges I've already done this way sound nice and clean, and render
well. but then they all do, for the first year anyhow. ;>)

Best regards,

Mark Cramer, RPT

Brandon University