[CAUT] 234 Steinway B

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sun Apr 19 09:47:06 PDT 2009

On Apr 19, 2009, at 5:26 AM, reggaepass at aol.com wrote:

> However, the smaller diameter wires do seem to be a bit more malleable

	I have the notion that, within limits, less stiff wire leads to
better checking. If the check plus wire springs back on impact, it
will hold the tail better. Of course, it needs to be springy enough
not to go out of adjustment while this is happening, But a too stiff
wire tends to lead to more of the bounce off the check problem. I
think it is good that the check "give" just a little.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu