[CAUT] Steinway or Forgery?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Apr 18 04:45:45 PDT 2009

RicB said:

"The whole anti Steinway
sentiment that runs again and again is just too thinly veiled and
doesn't hold up in reality. No matter which way you wash it, the bold
faced fact that they have achieved the dominance they have simply does
not, can not, and never could be reconciled with these sentiments and
the reasoning behind them."

Cheers
RicB

Ric:

I don't see this kind of discussion as being anti Steinway.  I'm certainly not anti Steinway.  I wish them the best and I just wish they were what they claim to be.

You've taken some pretty good shots at people who claim to be religious yet lead less-than-pure lives.  Like you, I find that much more irritating than people who live less-than-pure lives but make no moral claims.

Steinway claims the industry leading high road but produces something less.  I personally just wish that their claims were true.  They might have to raise their already-high prices to actually produce what they claim they are.  Ok.  Whatever it takes.  Whatever you think of their design, their execution is not up to their competitors execution.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu