[CAUT] Another Baldwin Question/backchecks

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:56:55 PDT 2009

I aim for the gap between the bottom of hammer tail and top of backcheck
at the point of let-off to be 1/16".  This all works with this piano. Now,
my point is that the angle is off.  It's very shallow...like 11 or 12
degrees rather than what I think it should be at 17 degrees...Is this
right?  They just don't check right.

Paul

William Monroe <bill at a440piano.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
04/14/2009 03:19 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Another Baldwin Question/backchecks

Hi Wim,

I do this height check AT drop, not at full keystroke.  I aim for 1-2mm
gap in this position.  Different strokes.

William R. Monroe