[CAUT] Weikert felt; was 80 year old S&S hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Apr 14 04:33:40 PDT 2009

Ron, Alan,

I haven't seen a lot written on this. Does this mean that, let's say, a "hot pressed" hammer vs. the so called cold pressed would go better on a CC board vs RC&S? Or that one of your boards will sound best with a certain hammer, but the same hammer wouldn't on another board? When I replace hammers I know some sound better on certain pianos by trial and error, but what is the science here, for us non-scientific types? Or at least some guidelines?

Thanks.

Jim Busby