[CAUT] Steinway manual variable ratio action

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Sat Apr 11 14:13:30 PDT 2009

Hey Fred,

Read this in your post... just wondering if there are any touchweight
specs in that manual... I'm looking for specific up/downs for
specific sections.. I remember seeing this long ago in a Steinway
Manual but haven't been able to track down a copy.....

By the way if your going to be at MARC or in Grand Rapids I'd be very
interested in your comments as a pianist playing my variable ratio
action which will be displayed at both venues...  Ratio range of from
5.2 - 6.2 is achieved.  The pianist adjusts knobs behind the keyslip
bass and treble to change ratio.  One full turn on the knob is 0.2
ratios.

Best,

David Stanwood