[CAUT] Schubert temperament redux

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 08:57:34 PDT 2009

Some time ago now I heard a presentation by Michael Kimbell (local
technician RPT/composer and CTE) about this very subject concerning when ET
actually came into common use.  His findings, as I recall, concur with this
and suggest the use of ET was in common practice much earlier than current
mythology would suggest.  I'll forward this to him and perhaps he can also
comment.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com