[CAUT] loss of a day's work

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 8 22:26:11 PDT 2009

List,
Excuse my rant...I booked a full day at a music school in Mountain View, California.   I've tuned for her several times...8 pianos.   We booked this for last Tuesday, she said she was having a meeting with her teachers but would meet in adjoining room so we could work.   I had 6 hours for do 8 pianos so I brought a fellow tuner that is working for me.   We arrived at 9 am and she said she was surprised to see me, since I hadn't confirmed the appointment...it was a set appointment as far as I was concerned.   We confirmed it a week before.   She said she had made other arrangements?   I was flabbergasted that instead of calling me again if she had a question on the appointment, she instead call another tuner...I sent her a bill for the travel time and the wasted day.   If anyone on this list happens to be the other tuner, I'd be interested in what she said to him/her.   No hard feelings of course...it's her problem.   Does anyone else think it a little strange to call and make an appointment and then make other arrangements instead of checking with the original technician first?   I do not remember a confirmation request...but I suppose it is possible...but still she was on the phone...why call someone else instead of me?
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044