[CAUT] Fwd: Does V S Profelt work in reverse?

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon Apr 6 14:59:39 PDT 2009

Hi Debbie,

Did you suggest that you can successfully increase rotational friction on
new action centers using VS Pro felt?

I would like to know more, if you don't mind sharing.

As mentioned, new shanks/flanges often have less than 1 gram of friction.or
they appear to have 6 or 7g, until you merely mention CLP in the vicinity,
then suddenly they are down to 0g. ;>)

And this is when you discover that the #20.25 center pins (.5025") are also
loose at the birds-eye.

Please tell more. i.e.:

"after VS pro-felt, the centers typically measure about X grams of friction,
and seem to be stable over X months, etc."

This is valuable information, and I certainly appreciate you sharing it.

Best regards,

Mark Cramer, RPT

Brandon University

  _____