[CAUT] lyre disassembly

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 04:25:31 PDT 2009

Hi Dan,

I think that you suggestion would weaken the assembly. I've seen some repairs where a dowel was driven across the upper lyre and the whole thing broke.

The repair I use is 2 #8 screws driven from the top between the lyre dowel and the top box. I just screw them on each side of both dowels to put pressure along the top box grain so as not to split it. The screw's threads actually lock the dowel with the top box. So far, none of these came loose.

Marcel Carey, RPT

Sherbrooke, QC