[CAUT] lyre disassembly

Todd Loomis teloomis at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 20:47:26 PDT 2009

Hi Guys,
I learned a neat repair for loose lyre dowels recently.  After making sure the joint is tight again (in my case I clamped the lyre to the bench top), drill several holes for drywall screws around the perimeter of the dowel so that the screw holes run straight down the joint between the dowel and the lyre top (or bottom).  If you like, you can then wick thin CA into the joint by putting some into these holes.  After countersinking, drive the screws into the holes.  The screw threads will simultaneously engage both the dowel and the top, thereby locking the whole thing in place.  It seems pretty indestructible!

Todd Loomis