[CAUT] S&S Key Bushings

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Thu Oct 30 15:22:15 MST 2008

I like your way Fred and it was similar to my own until I found VSPro. I
think the heat works until it doesn't, read not predictable, unless you know
what kind of glue you are dealing with. I just have found the VS Profelt
safer and easier for me. Let me know how you like the results. Of course you
don't have to do additional lubing with the VSPro so it saves alittle time.
I will probably see if we can get the time down. I honestly have only done
the cold cauls overnight and the heated ones in the field since I had a bad
experience with trying to hasten the cold cauls by first running a hot caul
through the mortise. It was probably just the particular (unknown) glue (or
too much solution or too hot a caul or ?) but my experience was similar to
Jon's.
Best regards,
Chris