[CAUT] old workhorse being put out to pasture

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 12:15:37 MST 2008

Hi Conrad!

Our fledgling museum, Period Piano Center (_www.periodpianos.org_
(http://www.periodpianos.org) ) has a similar  Chickering, #73340, with 13 missing
shanks/flanges, music desk  intact!  (mostly)  This piano was donated by a colleague
for the  museum to use or sell for fundraising;  I'm still not sure what to
do,  since it has the Brown action.   It was refinished and restrung...but
action and back action is pretty much a mess still.

Is the action completely intact and original on yours?  (maybe  hammers were
replaced)   How about keytops - is the original ivory  in excellent shape, or
loose and splitting (like ours), or  recovered with plastic (oh well)?

Would the school consider a donation to a museum?

I'd love to see whatever pictures you can share.  Thanks!

Bill

Bill Shull, RPT, M.Mus.
Shull Piano Inc
Period Piano Center
_bdshull at aol.com_ (mailto:bdshull at aol.com)
cell 951 544-0121

 wiIn a message dated 10/27/2008 11:14:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,