[CAUT] Bass Strings

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:08:32 MST 2008

Tony:

Breaking at the agraffe is not necessarily from a hard blow, but it's
the cumulative effect of hard playing.  Over the years the string has
bent at that one spot a few million times and the long term effect is a
weakening of that spot.  I've seen them break from the mildest playing.
It's the "straw that broke the camel..." thing.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu