[CAUT] Bass Strings

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:48:48 MST 2008

Tony,

While you may be right, only one broken string could mean anything. I've been standing 20 feet away from a piano with no one around it and had a bass string break. Could be the stringer nicked it, or it could just be a bad string...

If you start having several break, then is when I'd look for a culprit. I wouldn't get too worried about a singular event. Now, if more break it might be time to regulate the lost motion between the players ears...

Jim Busby BYU