[CAUT] Bass Strings

Graves, Tony J. tjgraves at bsu.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:30:56 MST 2008

List,
    In my 10 years of being a tech.  I've always had the understanding that
bass strings that break at the agraffe while playing is from playing really
hard.  Is that not always the case?
Reason being our Theatre dept. is renting a  Yamaha C2 for a show from a
dealer and a bass string broke during rehearsal.  The piano isn't that old
I'd say 5-10 years old.  They claim that "We've been very careful since it's
a rental and haven't been playing it hard and been using the soft pedal a
lot because of the room."
So am I missing something???

--
Tony Graves RPT