[CAUT] Grand piano size

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Oct 27 12:14:35 MST 2008

All,

Last year we bought a Schimmel K-189. WONDERFUL instrument! For much less than a Steinway. It is an "institutional" model which has many features, like a music desk that goes clear across. This is the biggest selling point for me; the keys are as long as their 9' piano so the player gets the feel of a full sized concert grand action.

All in all, I think we counted about 30 things that make it a good choice for institutions. For instance, there is a "Pencil catcher" on the fallboard so when you tip the fallboard up the pencil can't go into the action, there is a dip on top of the stretcher so pencils, etc, set there can't roll off. Lots of things

Jim Busby BYU