[CAUT] S&S Key Bushings

Garee, Anne E. agaree at admin.fsu.edu
Mon Oct 20 14:05:23 MDT 2008

Rick and all,
We've had great success with VS Profelt at Florida State now for several
years.  Pianotek has compiled a list of successful uses from techs all
over the country. These include action centers, key bushings, damper
guide rail bushings, trapwork/keybed bushings, and yes, damper felt. We
use warm cauls in the key bushings and leave them over night. This has
revolutionized practice room key bushing protocols!  We do more resizing
than rebushing lately and can get pianos back in service very quickly.
Anne Garee